Have you always wanted to improve your French? Do you love good food and wine?
Do you enjoy cooking? Have you always wanted to see how the French live?
Come to one of our workshops and learn all of the above, and much more!
All workshops are suitable for all levels of French.
One-day Market workshops
Shop in the market, cook lunch together and eat lunch with local French people….all in French!
Every Friday at Vic Fezensac market from 9 am till 3 pm: 125 euros (group rate available for 4 or more).
No matter what your level of French, you’ll be given tools to shop in the market and buy the best fresh local produce. We’ll then create a delicious lunch from our market buys.
I look forward to introducing you to the language, flavours, markets, brocantes, as well as the delicious wines and Armagnac, of the Gers.
5 and 7 day workshops
We will explore the local markets, wineries and cultural sites, visit the people producing food and cook and eat delicious local recipes, all in French.
You don’t have to be a cordon bleu chef to improve your culinary skills while boosting your French skills!
Upcoming workshops – Cuisine d’automne and Cuisine printanière:
Please contact us for details of dates and places
WHAT ONE OF OUR PARTICIPANTS SAID
My husband and I really enjoyed Eleanor’s workshop. She created a fun and friendly atmosphere which made it easy to try out new French words. We learned to make a delicious French meal. (Poulet de la vallée d’Auge) then we got to enjoy it together. C’etait magnifique!Suzanne and Ross, Canada
All workshops include:
- Shopping in local markets for seasonal foods
- Cooking traditional French dishes
- Wine tasting evenings
- Discovering the history and culture of the region
- Dining with native French speakers
- French lessons designed to give you the vocabulary and syntax and, of course, the confidence you need to do all of the above!
Workshops are held at local maisons de maître and chateaux, and smaller groups are accommodated at the Auberge à la Pomme d’Or.
One day workshops:
- *All inclusive. Fridays from May till mid-October. Please book at least one week in advance.
Five day workshops:
- *Includes all meals, accommodation (sharing rooms), French lessons, cooking lessons and excellent local wines.
Seven day workshops:
- *Includes all meals, accommodation (sharing rooms), French lessons, cooking lessons, excellent local wines, plus extra cultural visits.